Specification of the cardboard pallets production line
The line consists of four workstations of the following characteristics:
- construction made of aluminium profiles,
- systems of pneumatic and electric cylinders and screw mechanisms for production operations to be performed in the stations,
- mechanism for transporting parts between stations,
- component storage area,
- gluing system with moving heads,
- two Cartesian coordinate systems,
- 6-axis robot,
- control cabinet.
The primary function of the line is to produce cardboard tops/bottoms by folding, connecting and gluing cardboard angles, sticking board sheets, fitting reinforcements for the top and bottom and putting them on a roll conveyor. The second function is to glue short sides.
Top/bottom sizes handled: from 600 x 800 mm to 2200 x 3000 mm, with the option of smooth size change. Sizes of short sides handled: from 580 to 2180 mm and from 500 to 2200 mm.
The operator’s involvement is limited to setting line operation parameters and to manual replenishing the storage area with components and adhesive tape rolls.
Replenishing storage areas with components (cardboard strips, tops /bottoms, reinforcements) shall be made without interrupting operation of the line. Changing the paper adhesive tape requires the line operation to be interrupted.